End of year traditions for blogging. Normally bloggers end the year with a recap of their blog titles. I’ve not decided what to end the year with, other than a BANG! I’ve been reading a lot of sewing and fashion blogs lately. One of which hits home since I’m not in my forties anymore and definitely not a size zero! I used Pinterest and the words curvy sewing. I was so glad to find the kimono listed under curves. It’s a mainstay in my wardrobe.
I wear it to social gatherings including weddings. My favorite site for curvy sewing I found through Pinterest. I created at sewing for curvy women board on Pinterest as well. Curves Ahead is a compilation of sewing tips and patterns for curvy women. Stitches and Seams has one of the better tutorials for making pants that fit our curves. Although I am not a plus size I want my clothing to flatter my figure. Curvy Sewing Collective has a great collection, many tutorials, and methods for ladies with curves ahead!
Boomerina has the best compilation for women with curves; an apple body shape. If you don’t know what that means, I’ll break it down; apples are ladies with more of a full tummy than booty. Her website has tips that are really helpful for the sewist.
- Wide stretchy waistbands- I use 1 1/2 braided elastic by Dritz.
- Avoid short or tight bottom half outfits
- Sleeves with a cap or that are short make us look top heavy (I refer to this as “booby out day” lol)
- Gauzy tops used as layering pieces that cover the belly are suggested
- Color blocking is our friend. Study the web for ways it enhances our figure and makes us look gorgeous!
- For more tips I really thing you should visit her website! It’s one of my favorites!
This is quite possibly not my end of year post, so check back for that. Most of all, ENJOY!