I love Sound of Music, and a few of my favorite things is one of my all-time favorite songs.
“Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things”
There’s a lot of information out there for new sewists. Even the seasoned sewist can learn a great deal from some of the sewing websites. I’ve updated this list more than once as I find new favorite websites. This list originated in 2015. Lucy’s list looks something like this:
- Buy Fabric online March 19, 2015 also,
- BOOMERINA September 4, 2015 and,
- Current opinion of the Best Sewing Blogs October 19, 2015,
- Beginner Sewing Blogs April 29, 2015 and finally,
- Sewing Tutorial Review June 30, 2016.
A few of my Favorite Things on the Internet
It’s the worldwide web….obviously there are more resources out there than anyone can use. I did a version of this blog when I first started sewing. My opinion of the best sewing blogs has evolved. This is an update to that list from last year. In no particular order, of course.
- Melly Sews– My personal favorite at this time!!!
- learn to sew classes FREE
- patterns for FREE
- Fitting– a textbook online Personalized Patterns: Fitting & Altering
- Clothing Patterns 101 – this site is amazing because they show you how to modify patterns to your specificity.
- Sewing Parts Online – videos of everything any seamstress wannabe could desire
- FREE classes from Craftsy, download them and hoard them. Their classes are not usually free.
- FREE patterns– Actually if you didn’t want to buy patterns, she has most things you would want on her site.
- Simplicity– Perfect site for storing your fabric and pattern stash. A wonderful reference when you are shopping and cannot remember what you need and what you have.
- Threads Magazine– So, you’re at home and need inspiration or just want to learn new things? I love this site for that reason.
- Mood– I just discovered this one and feel like there is more information than I’ll ever be able to get bored with, they also sell fabric.
- Boomerina– Cheers to the hip older woman
Of course, this is not all inclusive. Maybe, I’ll choose a blog a week or so to review? Enjoy yourself with this list, I sure do!