WHO, WHAT, WEAR is my fall back for fashion trend. I love that site, it inspires me. It drives me to do better. It makes me understand fashion. Sew what is not the actual name. The actual website is called WHO, WHAT, WEAR. I use this website as a sounding board when deciding what clothing I want to make and the articles of clothing I’ll skip! Let’s take a look……………
The most recent trend they discussed …… “the most expensive looking skinny jeans”. This is VALUABLE information for people like us who sew our clothing. I look at the article and take note then combine the little details into my me made jeans. The list on the website includes:
- high-waisted fit
- dark wash
- the right fit for your body
- high waist seems to be the most flattering on all body types
Top Trends of the moment
- Layering- turtlenecks and jackets under coats
- Tuck Your Joggers Into Your Boots
- Pair a Knit With a Chunky Sweater (push up the sleeves of the chunky sweater to show off the other style
- Jean jackets layered under coats, sweater dresses, and more
- Distressed leggings?
I LOVE (and the website agrees)
- Full sleeves- I’ve been doing this a few years. It’s quite simple. Start with a 3/4 sleeve and add enough length to make it a long sleeve by using gathered fabric. EASY PEASY
- Experimental denim- I keep a bin with outgrown jeans to use for fabric. I love patchwork jeans! Use your normal pattern. Place scraps in randomly….very on trend.
- Sweatsuits! Go stay at home mom in public and be fashionable.
- Leopard print was listed as the trend that we will still be wearing in 20 years! In case you are not old enough to remember 20 years ago……I assure you animal print was very hot!
- Plaid….plaid….plaid….if you have no idea where to start your fabric collection, begin here! Plaid is a mainstay for all seasons and versatile enough to become a dress, skirt, top, or pants!
ENJOY your fabric collecting and sewing up some of these amazing on trend pieces!